May 05, 2017
Healthy Banana Splits
Best part about this dessert: You can actually eat it for breakfast.
Garnishes - optional
1. Prepare the fruits by dicing up the pineapple, strawberry and banana.2. Spoon 1/4 of the yogurt into the bottom of each cup. 3. Top the yogurt with the granola, banana, strawberry and pineapple. 4. Spoon the remaining yogurt onto the top. 5. Garnish with cherries, sprinkles, or chocolate shavings! 6. Serve and enjoy!
1. Combine coconut milk & cream of coconut in blender & blend on high until smooth- about 1 minute2. Add in water & pulse to combine 3. Transfer to freezer safe container, cover & place in freezer for about 2 hours 4. After a couple hours in the freezer it should be thick enough to mix in your remaining ingredients 5. Remove cover and slowly fold in your almonds, coconut & chocolate chips being careful to not let it all sink to the bottom 6. Cover & return to freezer to finish setting for at least 6 hours or overnight
Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies
Wait, here’s the best part: these blondies are healthy and packed with both fiber and protein. There aren’t any weird ingredients either.
Even if you aren’t vegan or gluten-free, I think you’ll really enjoy them!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 8x8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.2. In a food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and process until batter is smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips, I like to use dark chocolate because it has less sugar but it's up to you. Note: Batter will be thick and super delicious, so you could actually just eat it on it's own! 3. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top. (The batter may stick to your spatula, so I like to spray my spatula with nonstick cooking spray first.) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don't want them to dry out! 4. Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack. Sprinkle with sea salt then cut into squares. Makes 16 blondies.
Healthy Chocolate Fudge Truffles
1. Slice the avocado, remove the pit, and put the flesh into a medium-sized bowl (the flesh of my avocado weighed 145g). Add the yogurt, vanilla paste, and stevia extract. Blend with a hand blender until smooth.2. Add the protein powder, cocoa powder, and salt and blend again (the mixture should be thick like frosting). 3. Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper. Use a 1½” cookie scoop to scoop the fudge cream onto the prepared pan. Refrigerate uncovered for 2 hours. 4. Roll the chocolate "scoops" into balls. Coat in cocoa powder, shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips, rainbow sprinkles, or whatever coating you want. 5. Serve and enjoy! Keeps for 3 days
Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart
Sure, it may seem like a summer dessert, but when it tastes this good (and satisfies your gluten-free friends), you'll make it year-round.
1. Spray the bottom of a 9-inch tart or cake pan or a pie dish with nonstick spray and line the pan with parchment paper on top. Set aside. (The spray helps the parchment stick to the pan, making spreading the crust easier. The parchment prevents the crust from sticking to the pan. If you don't mind the taste of nonstick spray on the crust, you don't have to use parchment. Just spray the pan with the nonstick spray and add the crust.)2. Make sure your dates are soft by soaking in warm water for 10 minutes. Make sure you drain them and chop in half before using. 3. Pulse the dates and cashews together until thick “dough” is formed and the cashews are all broken up, as pictured above. The dough will be moist from the oil in the nuts. Press evenly into prepared tart pan and partly up the sides. 4. Spread the yogurt on top of the crust. Decorate with fresh fruit. Slice, serve, enjoy. 5. Make ahead tip: The crust can be made 1-2 days in advance. Cover tightly and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Continue with step 4. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
July 31, 2020
July 22, 2020
July 13, 2020